VMWARE version 6 Install
There is many ways to install ESXi hypervisor.
f you’re planning to run VMware ESXi 6 in production you should start at VMware HCL page to find a compatible hardware first. Here is how to search for compatible hardware system through VMware HCL here.
Different ways of installing and booting VMware ESXi :
- Installation to the USB stick which will be then used by the server to boot from
- Installation to the local SATA/SAS or FC drives which can be configured on RAID1 for redundancy
- Installation to SD Flash card
- Boot from LUN via hardware iSCSI card, FC, or FCoE (Fiber channel over Ethernet)
- Going stateless with Auto-Deploy